All about Croatia Your next holiday destination
Grilled Sardines with Garlic and Parsley Sauce
- 20 fresh sardines
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon peel
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Put sardines (whole or cleaned*) in a bowl with extra virgin olive oil, grated lemon peel, salt and 1 garlic clove.
- Cover it and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- In a small glass or a small bowl mix extra virgin olive oil, salt, chopped parsley and chopped garlic.
- Grill the sardines until charred, around 5 minutes per side.
- When ready place them with fish/meat turner or metal spatula on the plate and season with garlic and parsley sauce and serve with lemon wedges.